By diverting into Canada for the ride home, I was able to revisit some of the roads from the old Run to the Sun rides we did in the late 1990s. Continue reading Wandering Home from the ParTay – Part Two
With another righteous (and likely last) ParTay gathering in the books, it was time to point the Nightowl east towards home. Just how to get there, however, is a more complicated matter. Continue reading Wandering Home from the ParTay – Part One
Another two-week journey out west for the annual Par-Tay is in the books. Here’s the pertinent route and statistical information from the trip. Continue reading 2017 Par-Tay Summary
I recently installed a new plugin to fix the problem where all my old route maps in previous blog posts no longer work. The problem is that Google changed the Google Maps API with regard to displaying KML layers.
So, I plunked down $30 for the Pro version of the sexy WP Google Map Plugin and now I need to see if it works. This post will be my test bed for this new plugin. Continue reading First Test of WP Google Map Plugin
My friend Yo Adrian and I took a little ride over to Redbeard’s place for a party. Never mind that he lived on the other side of the continent.
Here’s a map of the route we took. Click the points for day number, start/end information, and daily miles ridden.
- Total travel days: 13
- Total distance traveled: 5,296 mi / 8,523 km
- Average distance/day: 407 mi / 655 km
- Longest day: 680 mi / 1094 km (Des Moines, IA to Denver, CO)
- Shortest day: 92 mi / 148 km (South Lake Tahoe, CA to Jackson, CA)
- Total fuel consumption: 152 gal / 575 l
- Average fuel cost: $3.896/gal or $1.03/l
- Average distance per fill: 118 mi / 190 km
- Average fuel mileage: 34.9 mi/gal
- Best fuel mileage: 39.77 mi/gal (Vail, CO to Fort Morgan, CO)
- Worst fuel mileage: 29.18 mi/gal (Omaha, NE to Grand Island, NE)