I’m going to foolishly and egotistically assume that some readers will want to monitor this site so they can read new content as I post it.
In the past, I took responsibility to update the masses when the Ghost Cruises site had new data. That meant sending individual emails to the rec.motorcycles.harley newsgroup, the Harley Email Digest, the Yahoo group list for the run I was on, my parents, my girlfriend, and so on. I got to the point that it took longer to send an update notice than it took to write the actual content that necessitated the update.
Now we are all well-versed in the use of this thing called the internet and can leverage our favorite tried-and-true tools and strategies to keep abreast of updates on our favorite sites. Consequently, I’m going to rely on you to keep track of me, rather than the other way around.
The following are the most common options for keeping up to date with developments on this site:
- Bookmark the home page and visit often: This is the oldest method. Go to the home page, create a bookmark in your favorite web browser, and visit back at your leisure.
- Subscribe to the RSS feed: Add the posts RSS feed to your favorite RSS feed reader, web browser, or email application (assuming it supports RSS feeds). I offer two RSS feeds: one for posts, the other for comments; pick the one you want. The feed links are in the RSS Feeds area of the sidebar (down on your right).
- Subscribe via Email: Enter your email address in the Subscribe to Blog via Email area of the sidebar (down on your right) and you’ll receive an email each time a new post appears on this blog.
- Watch for status updates in Facebook: Starting in May of 2012, I added a WordPress plug-in that updates my Facebook status for almost every new post. If you’re my friend on Facebook, you’ll see the posts appear there.
- Follow me on a map: Those of you who want to keep closer tabs on my location while on tour can use the Where is Ghost? page. For obvious security reasons, this page requires a password. If you want access, request the password via